This is the perfect opportunity for a recent design grad who is looking to gain experience beyond your years! You will design super creative, consumer-facing projects, like logos, packaging, websites, social media content, and marketing campaigns (to name a few). When normalcy returns (and if you live locally), you'll get to go on field trips for brand discovery, photo/video shoots, and sometimes help out at festivals or events.
As the Design Assistant to the Founder/Creative Director, you will work on projects for all entities of Peppermill Projects. This includes clients of Brand Joint, our Cannabis-focused branding agency, as well as direct-to-consumer brands, I + I Botanicals, and Crabcakes & Cannabis.
Looking for portfolios that show strong typographic skills and excellent execution of conceptual work.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A positive attitude, excitement for new challenges, and desire to keep learning. This position is comparable to continuing your design education through a master's program (but you get paid!)
- Creativity and strong conceptual problem-solving skills
- Strong design, layout, and typography skills are a MUST
- You have some knowledge of coding, customization, and front-end development
- Excellent project planning, organization, and time management skills— deadlines are crucial and fast-paced!
If you have capabilities delving into web design, that’s a HUGE plus!
- Webflow experience
- Photography or illustration skills
- Animation abilities
- Video editing capabilities
- Social networking strategies
- Completed degree from a rigorous design program
- Strong portfolio showing conceptual problem-solving and excellent typography skills
- Must have taken web design classes or have some skills/knowledge of web development
Email your resume, portfolio, and a few lines on why you think you’d be a good fit.
* Salary is dependent on experience.
* We're located in Annapolis, Maryland, but teleworking is an option!